Funding available


Erasmus+ grants for faculty mobility are comprised of a travel grant and a subsistence grant. Rates vary according to destination country and duration of the visit.


Travel grants


The travel grant is a flat-rate grant calculated on the basis of the distance of travel from Tel Aviv to the host destination (city), according to the European Commission's official distance calculator. It may not cover the entire cost of your travel so the grant allocation should be taken into consideration when planning your travel.


You can access the Travel Distance Calculator here.


​Travel distance
​Travel allowance in € euros
​100 – 499 km
​€ 180 (e.g. Tel Aviv to Nicosia)
​500 – 1999 km
​​€ 275 (e.g. Tel Aviv to Istanbul)
​2000 – 2999 km
​​€ 360 (e.g. Tel Aviv to Brno)
​3000 – 3999 km  ​​€ 530 (e.g. Tel Aviv to Birmingham)


Subsistence grant

In addition to the travel grant, a per day, flat-rate subsistence grant is payable to all participants. The amount of grant allocated per day is dependent on your destination country. The subsistence grant may not cover all the costs of your accommodation and subsistence so the grant allocation should be taken into consideration when planning your visit.


Subsistence grant rates:


Receiving country ​Grant per day in € euros
​​Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Sweden, Liechtenstein, Norway, UK
​​€ 180
​Austria, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Greece, Spain, Cyprus, Netherlands, Malta, Portugal
​€ 160
​Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, FYR Macedonia, Turkey
​​€ 140



Examples of the total grant a faculty member would receive for a 7-day teaching visit to:


  • Univ. of Nicosia: € 180 + € 160 x 7 days = € 1,300
  • Sciences Po Bordeaux: € 530 + € 160 x 7 days = € 1,650
  • Univ. of Birmingham: € 530 + € 180 x 7 days = € 1,790


How is the Erasmus+ grant paid?


The participant shall receive the travel grant and 70% of the subsistence grant prior to the start of the mobility. The remaining 30% of the subsistence grant will be paid at the end of the mobility and once the EU survey has been completed.


EU survey


An EU survey will be sent to the participant by the host institution at the end of the mobility. The participant shall complete and submit the online EU survey after the mobility abroad within 30 calendar days upon receipt of the invitation to complete it.