The IEP (Institute of Political Studies), also known as Sciences Po Bordeaux, is one of the ten Institutes of Political Studies in France.
Created in 1948, it is firmly established on the Bordeaux University scene by the pluridisciplinary, broad-based curriculum.
Which calls on numerous academics and researchers working in the different fields of political and social science.
With more and more partnerships and agreements, the school welcomed in 2016-2017 more than 200 foreign students coming from all over the world.
- It is quite hard to find housing in Bordeaux, whether you are a French or a foreign person. Students are responsible for finding their own accommodation.
- There is no housing service at Sciences Po Bordeaux.
- We recommend students to look for and to book accommodation before arrival.
- Foreign students who wish to stay in university accommodation have to apply on-line to the “CROUS de Bordeaux” (www.crousbordeaux.fr).
- All the rooms are on campus - between 2 – 10 minutes by walk from school and 8km from Bordeaux city center (20-25 minutes by tram).
- Sciences Po Bordeaux doesn’t have any rooms or studios situated in Bordeaux city center.
- Estimated monthly budget: 450€ - 700€ Housing: 150€ - 600€ Food: 200€ - 400€ Transports: 30€ Other: 100 - 400€.
- Price examples: 1 coffee: 1,50€ - 1 baguette: 90 cents - 1 meal at on-campus restaurant: 3,50€ - 1 gasoil liter: 1,40€.
Location & Facilities
- Bordeaux is a port city on the Garonne River in the Gironde department in southwestern France. Bordeaux is the world's major wine industry capital.
- It is home to the world's main wine fair, Vinexpo.
- The historic part of the city is on the UNESCO World Heritage List as "an outstanding urban and architectural ensemble" of the 18th century.
- After Paris, Bordeaux has the highest number of preserved historical buildings of any city in France.
- Bordeaux offers a large number of cinemas, theatres and is the home of the Opéra national de Bordeaux.
- There are many music venues of varying capacity. The city also offers several festivals throughout the year.