ESRA is Israeli's biggest English-speaking network in Israel, which for nearly 41 years has embraced the social needs of immigrants and supported the less privileged in Israel. ESRA has helped more than 30,000 disadvantaged families to build a better future. The Association currently comprises almost 1000 volunteers and operates 31 projects throughout Israel.
ESRA's volunteering opportunities for IDC volunteers for English speaking volunteers with a mother tongue level or high command of the English language.
- Befriending - Support for the elderly and immigrants who need an attentive ear. Volunteers will meet elderly, lonely or housebound people, provide a listening ear, help wherever possible with information, reading, conversing, taking walks etc. Training given
On-line and off- line
- Second hand shops - Our second hand shops in Raanana and Kfar Saba require volunteers to help in the shops.
- ESRA Herzliya office - assistance at the office various administrative work. Membership/survey calls. Flexible hours
- ETP- English Tutoring Program - Tutoring all ages of children in English. English Tutoring Program (ETP) – This program matches English speaking volunteers with school pupils from grades 4-12 in order to improve their English. Volunteers do not have to be qualified teachers. This involves chatting in order to prepare the pupils for the Oral Bagrut exam, helping pupils with difficulties, assisting the teachers or assist in any other way according to the teacher's request.
On-line or off-line depending on the situation
- Bayit Cham- A clubhouse for teenage girls at risk - Assistance to the staff in supporting the young teenage girls. Only females. Will only be available after Corona
- Computer Center - Help in the computer course for mentally challenged people in cooperation with ‘Enosh’ Association. Ramat Hasharon
- Communication students - Assisting with Marcom - Marketing oriented.
Flexible volunteering hours- Possibility to work from home.
For further details: Sandra Broza