Registration for 2020 is now open.
Interested individuals with particularly high records of achievement are invited to apply. For further details, please contact the program office at email@example.com.
Applicants who meet the criteria of one of the tracks outlined below, and who are deemed by the program committee to possess the exceptionally strong research abilities required of IDC Herzliya research students, will be accepted to the Ph.D. program as research students.
Students with a master's degree in Computer Science (M.Sc.) with a thesis
Candidates with a research-oriented M.Sc. degree with an average grade of at least 85 and a thesis grade of at least 88 may apply.
Students with a master's degree in Computer Science (M.Sc.) without a thesis
Candidates with a graduate degree in Computer Science without a thesis with an average grade of at least 88 may apply. For this track, admission is conditional on the writing of a work that is equivalent in scope to a thesis in a research-oriented master’s degree program during the first year of doctoral studies.
Students during their master's degree, applying to a direct ph.D. track
Candidates holding a B.Sc. with an average grade of at least 88, who have already earned at least 15 academic credits in the M.Sc. program, in addition to the mandatory M.Sc courses, and who have obtained an average of 88 and a grade of at least 80 in each of their courses are entitled to apply. For this track, admission is conditional on the writing of a that is equivalent in scope to a thesis in a research-oriented master’s degree program during the first year of doctoral studies.
Applicants for the Ph.D. program in Computer Science must submit, together with the application form, the documents listed below. If registering online, scanned documents may be submitted, to be presented to the registration office upon request.
- Original copies of the candidate's academic diplomas
- Original copy of a document from the candidate’s academic
- institution stating the final average grade received in his or her academic degrees
- Names of three references and/or letters of recommendation
- List of academic publications (if applicable)
- Letter from a faculty member at the school, with the minimum rank of senior lecturer, stating in principle his or her agreement to serve as the research supervisor
- Applicants who have written a master's thesis should include it with the registration materials and provide original confirmation of the grade it received.
- The admissions committee reserves the right to invite candidates for a personal interview.
Application to the program involves a registration fee of NIS 300. The registration fee is used to cover some of the costs of handling the registration and selection of the candidates, and will not be refunded for any reason, even if the registration is canceled by the candidate.